Dairy Nutrition Services
Perennia provides up-to-date and forward thinking, objective dairy advice. Producers approach us to help
solve all manner of problems to move their herd forward. This is not just on nutrition but also crops, nutrient management plans, feed safety, etc. Some of the most recent on-farm challenges we have had include reducing Milk Urea Nitrogen (MUN) to improve fertility, overcoming milk rejection on taste issues and reducing SCC.
We give clear return on investment by bringing new ideas and up-to-date thinking to make your herd more profitable, which is the key! We will show where and to what extent improvements can be made, what it will cost to get there and the expected return.
Our approach is to involve all those who are concerned with your dairy herd. That way, ideas can be shared and problems dealt with more easily. There are many positive things we would bring to the herd. Here are some of the elements of our consulting package:
- Monthly visit and herd walk, including scoring cows on numerous points.
- Nutrition plans for cows, calves and replacement heifers
- Advice on suitable and cost effective forages and dry feeds
- Herd health plans in conjunction with vet
- Sampling and interpretation of forage analyses
- Monthly overview and interpretation of dairy management information
- Advice on buildings
- Grazing management
For more information, contact:
Dan Mosley, Dairy Specialist and
Certified CowSignals® trainer
(902) 896-0277 (EXT 223) | Email