Perennia's horticulturists offer site assessment and inspection services for anyone in the world considering purchasing farm land in Nova Scotia.
As part of the service, specialists will assess:
- the land's potential for various horticulture crops (primarily apples, grapes, high and low bush blueberry)
- frost risk potential
- soil type
- depth of root penetration
- potential for water drainage problems
- potential for irrigation requirements
- rootstocks and cultivars
For more information, contact:
Bill Craig, MSc.
Horticulture (Tree Fruits)
(902) 678-7722 (EXT 224) | Email
John Lewis, MSc.
Horticulture (Berries and Grapes)
(902) 678-7722 (EXT 223) | Email
Viliam Zvalo, PhD.,
(902) 678-7722 (EXT 232) | Email
Peter Burgess, MSc.
Horticulture (Low bush blueberries)
(902) 896-0277 (EXT 233) | Email
Rachael Cheverie, MSc., CCA
Horticulture (Berries, Vegetables)
(902) 896-0277 (EXT 226) | Email